View Larger Image
Let's Play House! Vacuum Cleaner
Who left these shapes all over the floor? Time to vacuum them up! Six painted wooden pieces (pretzel, peanut, bandage, coin, cereal Os, and a lost diamond ring) are a much cuter version of the everyday messes that parents know all too well. Pass this clever "vacuum" overtop, and they are swept into a compartment inside. Ready to play again? Open up the back panel, pull out the pieces, and make another fun-filled "mess"!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- COUNT ON IT Help kids count the wooden pieces. When they are able to count all of the pieces independently, introduce simple addition by dividing the pieces in groups and asking kids to count the pieces in each group. Then, push the pieces together and ask kids to count all the pieces together.
- COLOR CLEANUP Have kids name the colors on each wooden piece as you point to it. Scatter the pieces on the floor. Name a color and ask kids to use the vacuum to pick up all the pieces with that color.
- TRASH OR TREASURE Help kids identify each of the wooden pieces. Talk about which pieces are really "trash" when they are on the floor (such as old cereal) and which are objects that sometimes get vacuumed up by mistake (such as the diamond ring). Scatter the pieces and have kids use the vacuum to pick up just the trash, leaving the treasure.
- WHO MADE THIS MESS? Arrange the pieces in a winding path, leading to a hidden stuffed animal or doll. Have kids follow the path of litter, vacuuming up the pieces along the way, to discover who made the mess!
- SOUND OFF Have fun making noises like a vacuum cleaner! Have kids make different sounds for high speed and low speed, realistic sounds, and silly sounds -- how about a vacuum cleaner that sounds like a cow or a car horn? Maybe one that sings?
Adult assembly required.
Dimensions: 19.5" x 16" x 5.5" Assembled
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.