View Larger Image
Peek-a-Boo Barn Baby & Toddler Toy
Crafted from select hardwood and accented with child-safe dyes, First Play Peek-a-Boo Barn baby toy features four friendly farm animals, hiding behind barn doors that flap open and click-clack back into place. It's ideal for young toddlers developing hand-eye coordination and concepts of object permanence. And with lots of visual detail and a peek through window in the hayloft, it will keep older toddlers busy developing vocabulary and counting skills, playing memory games and more!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Talk to your child about what you see. Describe colors, shapes and the different parts of the barn, pointing to each feature as you say its name. ("I see a red barn. There are three doors--one, two, three. Can you touch the doors?") Pause between sentences to let the child point to a part of the toy or mimic your speech.
- Flip open one of the big doors to reveal the animals hiding behind it. Then open all the doors and ask the child to close them. Ask the child to try to open them too.
- Peek through the open hayloft door.
- Listen to the click and clack as the doors open and close. Talk about the sounds the different animals make and ask the child to imitate them along with you.
- Create a story about the barn. Pretend it is morning on the farm, and you and the child are the farmers ready to start the day. Open the doors one by one to wake up the animals.
Dimensions: 6.25" x 5.875" x 1.25" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.