View Larger Image
Sort, Match, Attach Nuts & Bolts Boards
These are no ordinary nuts and bolts! With triangle-, circle-, and hexagon-shaped heads and three bright colors, the easy-to-grasp, easy-to-turn plastic pieces fit into 6 wooden puzzle boards. Place them correctly then lock them in place to complete the pictures on both sides! Finding the right pieces, positioning them on both sides at once, turning the nuts to secure them - every step of the puzzle-solving process is a fresh way to promote basic skills. Kids will be building shape recognition, color recognition, matching, sorting, memory, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination as they play.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to assemble the nuts-and-bolts pairs on their own (not using the boards). Encourage the child to match the shapes and colors.
- Ask the child to sort the pieces so that all the nuts are in one pile and all the bolts are in another. Suggest other categories for sorting, such as color and shape.
- Select one of the bolts, and ask the child to find all the places it can possibly fit in the boards. Encourage the child to count the spaces that match the shape and color, or just the shape.
- Identify the themes on both sides of the card, and help the child name each object shown. Ask the child to tell you what is happening in each picture.
- Ask the child to look for cards that have three of the same shape in a row. Then ask the child to look for cards with three-of-a-kind on both sides of the card.
Dimensions: 9" x 15" x 2.5" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.