View Larger Image
Personalize this toy to create the perfect gift!
Add your name or message for only $1.99! Just click on "Personalize Now!" (to the right of the product picture) to create a one-of-a-kind present they’ll love.
Orders with personalized items may take up to 2 additional business days before they ship unless the sender selects expedited shipping at checkout.
Standard Unit Blocks
With blocks, the possibilities are endless! These beautifully crafted traditional blocks are ideal for stacking, building, and hands-on creative learning. Sixty natural-finish, smooth-sanded hardwood unit building blocks are packaged in a handsome wooden crate for easy storage. Ideal for building, balancing, and hands-on early-math learning, these traditional unit blocks are a great value!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- SHAPES & SIZES Talk to kids about the different shapes and sizes of blocks in the set. Ask kids to explore different ways to make shapes of equal sizes using different blocks. For instance, two square blocks are the same size as one medium rectangular block; two medium rectangular blocks are the same size as one large rectangular block. Have younger kids experiment by laying the blocks on top of each other; challenge older kids to create a shape the size of a block or blocks you are holding. Talk about half and whole, and, as kids get older, fractions!
- SMALL & LARGE Ask kids to choose one block of each shape (14 in all). Challenge them to arrange the shapes in a straight line from smallest to largest.
- TALL TOWER Using just the rectangular and square blocks, take turns stacking pieces to make a tower as tall as possible. If someone stacks a piece that makes the tower tumble, the other player gets a point; the first to get five points wins!
- CREATE A WORLD Blocks are great for building towers, walls, roads, and towns, and they play perfectly with many toys you already have! Use wooden or metal cars, toy trains, chunky puzzle pieces, and play people to play make-believe.
- FACE IT Have kids arrange the blocks so they look like a face. Add ears, a hat, a bow-tie, or a beard! Challenge kids to create different expressions -- how would they make a face look sad or surprised?
Dimensions: 5.25" x 12.5" x 15" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.