View Larger Image
Animal ABC + 123 Wooden Blocks Set
20 solid-wood blocks feature letters and numbers, plus counting dots and pictures of familiar objects to illustrate each one. It's a classic learning manipulative that will lead to hours of counting, sorting, and building fun-in a modern color palette that today's families will love!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to make a tall tower, stacking as many blocks as possible until the tower tumbles.
- Ask the child to sort the blocks by color. Ask the child to in other ways to sort and group the blocks - such as gathering the letters in his or her own name, or sorting sea animals from land animals.
- Help the child to count all the blocks in a given group. Then help the child add two groups together, counting all the combined blocks
- Ask the child to select a number block. Help the child name the number, trace the number with a finger, count the counting dots, then make a tower of the same number of blocks.
- Gather a group of several blocks and arrange them so that all but one block has an animal facing up. Ask the child to identify the block that is different and turn it to make the group complete. Repeat with numbers, capital letters, lowercase letters, and counting dots.
Dimensions: 9.75" x 8" x 2.25" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.