View Larger Image
Wayne Bathtime Friend Doll
Wayne needs a bath! Take him into the bath to wash away his muddy spots--the warm water makes them disappear in seconds. This cute, squeezable doll has a sewn-on hat and underpants, and sewn-on bangs that look adorable but will never tangle or shed. Wayne Bathtime Friend is sturdily made to stand up to many, many trips to the tub, so young children can bring him along every time as a comforting companion at bathtime. Wayne even comes with his own rubber ducky to bring along into the tub! When baby and doll are clean as can be, just give Wayne a squeeze: The polyester fabric air-dries quickly and the mud spots reappear.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS and UP: Identify different parts of Wayne's body. Hold the doll in one hand as you guide the child's hand to point to Wayne's hat, belly shoulders, hands, and feet.
- Encourage the child to lift Wayne in and out of the water as you announce: "He is IN the water. He is OUT of the water!"
- 12 MONTHS and UP: Ask the child to help you give Wayne a bath by patting him with a washcloth or putting him in the water.
- Help the child identify the different parts of Wayne's body, such as eyes, ears, belly, hands, and feet, and encourage the child to point to the same parts on his or her own body.
- 18 MONTHS and UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and ask the child to point to that color on the toy.
- Narrate a story starring Wayne. Ask the child to help you imagine the outdoor adventures that made him so dirty! Then ask the child to clean Wayne by immersing him in warm water.
- OLDER TODDLERS AND PRESCHOOLERS: Ask the child to tell you a story about Wayne's muddy adventures. Encourage the child to add as many details as possible and get creative!
- Ask the child to clean Wayne by pouring cups of warm water over him.
- With the child count the different parts of the toy, such as hands, feet, freckles, or mud spots.
- Ask the child to point to the mud spots on Wayne and describe their location on Wayne's body. Ask the child to place soap bubbles on his or her own body to imitate one or more of Wayne's spots.
- Ask the child to bathe Wayne one part at a time, washing one foot, then the other, and so on.
Do not leave in crib unattended
Dimensions: 11" x 8.5" x 2.75" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.