Here’s how the educational scavenger hunt works:
1) Divide your puzzle pieces into 10 separate envelopes (she used one of our 100 piece puzzles so that each envelope contained an equal number of pieces).
2) Create rhyming clues for all of the places you want to hide the pieces (her examples are below, OR print your own using her blank printable template).
3) Place the clues inside the envelopes, and hide them throughout the house!
4) Once everything is set-up, ask your child to go find the clues to help build their puzzle! (This is perfect for cold, or rainy days as your child can run around a bit and get some energy out!)
5) Once all the pieces are collected and before you begin to assemble your puzzle, use this as an opportunity to practice “counting by tens”.
Now, put together your puzzle and enjoy!
For more puzzle play activities, check out these related blog posts: