View Larger Image
Build an Inchworm Pop Blocs Learning Toy
Link, pop, sort, and sequence to build a colorful inchworm! Soft plastic Pop Blocs make it easy for children to snap the pieces together to make a spiral, loop, or zigzag chain . . . then pull them apart with a pop. A wonderful tool for developing manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and finger strength, Build an Inchworm includes a cheerful face "block" to give personality to chains of any length. Great for color recognition, sequencing, and more!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Point to different parts of the inchworm's face, encouraging the child to touch the correct feature as you name it. Then help the child identify "head," "cheek," and "nose" on his or her own body.
- Connect two of the blocks. Encourage the child to twist them in opposite directions. Challenge the child to pull the two blocks apart.
- Count the different parts of the toy. Say the numbers aloud and encourage the child to pat the different pieces along with you.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to a piece of that color.
- Show the child how to sort the blocks by color, then count the pieces in each color group.
- Narrate a story starring the inchworm. Ask the child to help fill in details by asking specific questions, such as "Does the inchworm go fast or slow?"
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Encourage the child to link the blocks into a tower or row.
- Name a color or shape, and ask the child to point to all the pieces that fit the group.
- Help the child link the blocks to create different forms, such as a circle, wiggly line, or pyramid.
- Create a color sequence by linking blocks of different colors, then ask the child to continue the chain and repeat the pattern.
Dimensions: 7" x 10" x 2.75" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.