View Larger Image
Choo Choo Locomotive Learning Toy
This train runs express to sensory development and early-learning fun! Choo Choo Locomotive includes an attached, single-button remote that offers a big reward for practicing motor skills and finger-strength: Simply press the button through the velvety plush covering, and the train chugs into action! Hear a realistic choo-choo, chug-chug, clickity clack, and clang clang and see the train shudder and move. The motion makes it scoot across smooth surfaces, adding to the excitement! Catch hold of the plush handle and open up even more opportunities to explore, as young children explore the crinkly wheels, squeaker smokestack, reach-in window, and child-safe mirror.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 3 MONTHS AND UP: Place the toy within easy reach and guide the child's hand to pat it. Say aloud, We can pat the train--pat pat!
- Lift the toy to show the child its face. Describe its eyes, nose, cheeks, and mouth. Point to these features on the child's face, too.
- During tummy time, place the toy on the floor and press the remote-control button, so the toy is moving and making train noises.
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Talk to the child about the different parts of the toy. Guide the child's hand to touch the round wheels, squeeze the tall smokestack, and pat the face.
- Count the different parts of the toy. Say the numbers aloud and help the child to pat the different pieces along with you.
- Show the child his or her reflection in the mirror. As the child begins to recognize the reflection as his or her own, encourage facial expressions such as opening the mouth or blowing raspberries.
- 9 MONTHS AND UP: Identify the different colors on the toy. Encourage the child to touch each color along with you as you name it.
- Place the toy slightly out of reach, and encourage the child to reach and grasp to pull it near.
- Help the child press the button on the remote control to begin the sounds and motion.
AA batteries not included. Adult supervision required.
Dimensions: 8.75" x 7.75" x 7.5" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.