View Larger Image
Personalize this toy to create the perfect gift!
Add your name or message for only $1.99! Just click on "Personalize Now!" (to the right of the product picture) to create a one-of-a-kind present they’ll love.
Orders with personalized items may take up to 2 additional business days before they ship unless the sender selects expedited shipping at checkout.
Cutting Food - Wooden Play Food
This wooden play food set is perfect for young chefs looking to explore a little mealtime fun--without the mess! It includes eight pieces of wooden food that can be sliced into 25 sections, a cutting board, and a wooden knife. Cutting the food makes a satisfying "crunch"--and provides a playful introduction to concepts of "whole," "part," and fractions.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Have kids identify each food and categorize it as a fruit, vegetable, or grain.
- Place the food items in a row and ask kids to count the number of food items. Repeat the activity until the child is able to count them independently.
- Have kids place the apple on the cutting board and cut it apart with the wooden knife. Explain that the apple has been cut into two equally sized pieces, or halves. Ask kids to find another piece of food that could be cut in half (the pepper).
- Have kids put together the sandwich-bread slices on the cutting board and to use the wooden knife to cut them into individual slices. Explain that the bread was cut into three equal slices, or thirds. (Do not use the loaf for this activity--it works best with the sandwich slices.)
- Have kids place the watermelon slice on the cutting board and to cut it apart with the wooden knife. Explain that the watermelon slice has been cut into four pieces, or fourths.
Child Magazine: Top 36 Toys of the Year 2002
Dimensions: 2.8" x 12" x 11" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.