View Larger Image
Emma Stick & Spin Highchair Toy
Easy to clean and built to last, this highchair pal is ready to spin, wobble, rattle, and squeak--but never fall down! A sturdy suction cup clings to any flat surface, so Emma can move to wherever baby is and stay within reach. Then baby can swat, pat, grasp, and squeeze this funny duck's beak and body . . . and get a chorus of sensory input in return! Little ones love to hear the crinkle wings crackle with every squeeze or turn the noisy rattle with a pat and swipe. And every playtime with Emma will help babies and toddlers improve growing developmental skills like fine motor skills, gross motor skills, problem-solving, color recognition, and more!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Talk to your child about the different parts of the toy. Guide the child's hand to touch the wings, pat the head, and spin the rattle.
- Encourage the child to hold one wing in each hand and tilt Emma from side to side.
- Identify key features on Emma's face and body (eyes, beak, belly) and point to the corresponding features on the child's body.
- 9 MONTHS AND UP: Encourage the child to pat Emma's belly so the rattle spins around.
- Count different features on the toy, such as the eyes and wings. Encourage the child to clap or pat along with you as you count.
- Encourage the child to hold one wing in each hand and spin the toy on its base so it clicks.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Name one of the colors aloud and guide the child to point to that color.
- Ask the child to hold one wing in each hand and squeeze to hear the squeak. Challenge the child to make both sides squeak at the same time.
- Narrate a story starring Emma. Talk about different adventures Emma might have during her day, and encourage the child to move the toy side to side, forward and back, or fast and slow to go along with the story.
Dimensions: 10" x 3.25" x 7.5" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.