View Larger Image
Farm Friends Hand Puppets
This four-piece hand-puppet set makes it easy for children and caregivers to role-play together! Four simple glove puppets in a coordinated theme can act out a scene together, or be used separately for simple puppet play. Either way, they are great for developing motor skills, hand-eye coordination, communication skills, self-confidence, parent-child bonding, and so much more! Made with brightly patterned, washable fabrics and built to last, these soft and sweet hand puppets are sure to be go-to toys for years to come. Farm Friends Hand Puppets includes a sheep, cow, pig, and horse.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child identify each animal. Then make its animal sound together.
- Help the child describe the colors, patterns, and other details of each animal.
- As you use two of the puppets, ask the child to be the farmer and pretend to feed, brush, and pet each animal.
- Use the puppets to ask the child questions, and let the child ask questions of the puppet, too. For instance, the puppet might ask the child what it's like to be a kid, or ask about favorite snacks, games, or friends.
- Place one puppet on your hand and one on the child's hand. Use your puppets to ask the child's puppet questions. For instance, "I want to go to school with you, Pig. What is it like there?"
- Use the animals to act out a "people" scene that's familiar to the child. For instance, you might have the cow go on a trip to the library to find a new book. Allow the child to join in the scene or simply observe.
- Use the puppets to act out challenging social scenes, and encourage the child to help you resolve them. For instance, perhaps the horse wants to play with the sheep but doesn't know how to ask, or maybe the pig is being too bossy and the other animals are upset.
- Encourage the child to make up a story of his or her choosing and act it out as a puppet show. Optional: Add a stage for the big performance, make a poster with the name of the play, and create and collect tickets from the audience members.
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.