View Larger Image
Fridge Food Set - Wooden Play Food
Unpack these "chilled" wooden groceries into your play fridge and freezer for really "cool" food play! Perfect for make-believe or as novel manipulatives for counting, sorting and more. Nine wooden pieces include orange juice, waffles, milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, bologna, frozen vegetables, and butter.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Have kids identify each food item, and count them (9).
- Have kids identify which items belong in the refrigerator, and which belong in the freezer. Ask them to identify letters of the alphabet on the food items.
- Have kids identify shapes found on each food item (rectangles, circles, triangles, etc.).
- Have kids identify colors found on each food item (red, green, yellow, etc.).
- Have kids prepare a make-believe meal using the Fridge Food items.
- Play "store" and ask kids to fill your grocery order.
- Have kids stack the Fridge Food items as high as theycan before they topple!
Dimensions: 10.5" x 13" x 2.75" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.