View Larger Image
Julia Bathtime Friend Doll
Julia needs a bath! Take her into the bath to wash away her muddy spots--the warm water makes them disappear in seconds. This sweet, squeezable doll has a sewn-on hat and underpants, and clever fabric pigtails that look adorable but will never tangle or shed. Julia Bathtime Friend is sturdily made to stand up to many, many trips to the tub, so young children can bring her along every time as a comforting companion at bathtime. Julia even comes with her own rubber ducky to bring along into the tub! When baby and doll are clean as can be, just squeeze Julia out: The polyester fabric air-dries quickly and the mud spots reappear.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS and UP: Identify different parts of Julia's body. Hold the doll in one hand as you guide the child's hand to point to Julia's hat, shoulders, belly hands, and feet.
- Encourage the child to lift Julia in and out of the water as you announce: "She is IN the water. She is OUT of the water!"
- 12 MONTHS and UP: Ask the child to help you give Julia a bath by patting her with a washcloth or putting her in the water.
- Help the child identify the different parts of Julia's body, such as eyes, ears, belly, hands, and feet, and encourage the child to point to the same parts on his or her own body.
- 18 MONTHS and UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and ask the child to point to that color on the toy.
- Narrate a story starring Julia. Ask the child to help you imagine the outdoor adventures that made her so dirty! Then ask the child to clean Julia by immersing her in warm water.
- OLDER TODDLERS AND PRESCHOOLERS: Ask the child to tell you a story about Julia's muddy adventures. Encourage the child to add as many details as possible and get creative!
- Ask the child to clean Julia by pouring cups of warm water over her.
- With the child count the different parts of the toy, such as hands, feet, freckles, or mud spots.
- Ask the child to point to the mud spots on Julia and describe their location on Julia's body. Ask the child to place soap bubbles on his or her own body to imitate one or more of Julia's spots.
- Ask the child to bathe Julia one part at a time, washing one foot, then the other, and so on.
Do not leave in crib unattended
Dimensions: 10.75" x 8.5" x 2.75" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.