View Larger Image
Learning Shoe Baby and Toddler Toy
Step up basic skills with textures, sounds, and more! Learning Shoe is the soft, textured plush shoe that's covered with fascinating fastenings for babies and toddlers to explore. Young children can pull and press the self-stick tab, twist and pull the laces, open and close the zipper, and loop the oversize button through its hole. Squeakers, jingle bells, and crinkle-fill add fun to every movement! This exceptional plush baby toy is terrific for fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Sensory and cognitive skills get a boost, too, thanks to bright, contrasting colors and lots of engaging textures, and a smiling face with embroidered features keeps the top of the shoe looking cheerful as kids begin to recognize and connect with faces. With a child-safe mirror on the sole, kids can get to know another favorite face: their own!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to that color on the toy.
- Help the child find his or her reflection in the mirror. Say the child's name as you identify the image in the mirror.
- Encourage the child to find all the ways the toy can make noise, such as rattle, squeak, crinkle, and "stomp."
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different features on the face, such as eyes, nose, and mouth, and encourage the child to point to the same parts on his or her own body.
- Name a color or shape, and ask the child to point to all the pieces that fit the group.
- Fasten all the buttons, zippers, and ties, then ask the child to unfasten them. Challenge the child to put them together again.
- 24 MONTHS AND UP: Ask the child to point to different parts of the toy as you describe them by name, color, texture, or feature.
- With the child, count the different parts of the toy, such as two eyes on the face or two ends of the yellow shoelace.
- Ask the child to open the fastenings, then to close them again.
Dimensions: 9" x 10" x 4.5" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.