View Larger Image
Let's Play House! Vacuum Cleaner
Who left these shapes all over the floor? Time to vacuum them up! Six painted wooden pieces (pretzel, peanut, bandage, coin, cereal Os, and a lost diamond ring) are a much cuter version of the everyday messes that parents know all too well. Pass this clever "vacuum" overtop, and they are swept into a compartment inside. Ready to play again? Open up the back panel, pull out the pieces, and make another fun-filled "mess"!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Place the "trash" pieces in a straight line and help the child count them.
- Introduce simple addition by dividing the pieces into smaller groups and asking the child to count the pieces in each group. Then push the pieces together and ask the child to count the total.
- Point to each piece and ask the child to identify all the colors that appear.
- Help the child identify all the shapes on the pieces.
- Scatter the pieces over a wide area. Name a color, shape, or pattern, and ask the child to use the vacuum to pick up all the pieces that fit the rule.
- Scatter the pieces on the floor. While the child looks away, vacuum one of them up. Keep the piece hidden inside the vacuum as the child asks questions and tries to guess which one you picked up.
- Challenge the child to vacuum up all of the pieces as quickly as possible. Set a timer or count aloud to help the child set a new time record.
- Arrange the pieces in a path leading to a favorite stuffed animal. Then have the child follow the path of litter (vacuuming up the pieces along the way) to find out who made the mess!
- Use the pieces to help the child tell a story. Ask the child to pretend the pieces have just been found at the bottom of a lunch box or backpack at the end of a busy day. Then together imagine the adventure that might have left them behind.
Adult assembly required.
Dimensions: 19.5" x 16" x 5.5" Assembled
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.