View Larger Image
Peek-a-Boo Turtle Baby & Toddler Toy
Crafted from select hardwood and accented with child-safe dyes, First Play Peek-a-Boo Turtle wooden toy has four polka-dot legs that flap open, then snap back to their hiding place with a clack! Young toddlers and babies can develop concepts of object permanence as well as hand-eye coordination as they click the feet and head in and out, learning naturally through play.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Talk to your child about what you see. Describe colors, shapes and different parts of the turtle's body, pointing to each feature as you say its name. Encourage the child to point to the different parts along with you. Pause between sentences so the child can point to these areas or mimic your speech.
- Flip out the feet and head to make the turtle come out of its shell. Say "Hi" when the turtle's head is out and "Bye-bye" when it is hiding. Encourage the child to repeat your words or wave hello and good-bye.
- Listen to the click and clack as the turtle's feet go in and out. To make it easier for the child to move the feet, lay the turtle on its back.
- Press on the turtle's shell when its legs are out to make it move up and down. Ask the child to press and pat the turtle's back to make it move.
- Create a story about the turtle. Pretend it is going for a walk, hiding its head with a "click" whenever it is scared, then peeking out again when you and the child say it is safe.
Dimensions: 5.25" x 6.25" x 1.75"
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.