View Larger Image
Pop Blocs Farm Animals Learning Toy
Five adorable animals pop together, pull apart, and add up to a farmyard of fine motor fun! Ten linkable pieces include five heads and five tails to make a horse, cow, sheep, pig, and hen . . . or any mixed-up combination. The colorful pieces, compatible with all Pop Blocs play sets, connect with knob-and-socket closures that are easy enough for little hands but provide nice resistance work for growing motor skills and finger strength. The blocks are great for cognitive skills, too: Textured patterns and colors give clues to each animal solution, encouraging multisensory perception. Most of all, this crew of five adorable animals offers lots and lots of fun! Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive
play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Connect two of the pieces and hand them to the child. Encourage the child to twist
the two pieces. Challenge the child to disconnect the pieces.
- With the heads and tails paired up, say the names of the different animals. As you say each name,
guide the child's hand to pat the correct animal.
- With the heads and tails paired up, count the animals. Say the numbers aloud and encourage the child
to pat the different pieces along with you.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors in the set. Say a color name aloud and
help the child point to a piece of that color. Or name a color and help the child find the places that color
appears, on the toy and elsewhere in the room.
- Point to one of the animals and say its name. Then make the animal's noise. Ask the child to make each
animal noise along with you.
- Hand the child the (separated) head and tail of one of the animals. Guide the child's hands to connect
the two pieces. Then have the child pull the pieces apart again.
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Make a mixed-up creature with the head of one animal and the tail of another. Ask
the child (for instance), "Is this what a pig looks like?" Then detach the pieces and find the correct tail,
saying, "No, this is what a pig looks like!" Attach the correct tail and cheer!
- Encourage the child to link multiple pieces in a chain. How many heads can be linked together?
- Name a color or pattern. Ask the child to point to the pieces that fit the group.
- OLDER TODDLER AND PRESCHOOLERS: Ask the child to connect all the pieces to make five correct
- Ask the child to make the sound each animal would make.
- Ask the child to mismatch the pieces to make silly animals. Talk about some silly names that animal
- Mismatch all the pieces and ask the child to switch the pieces to correct your "mistakes."
Dimensions: 12.25" x 7" x 3.5" Assembled
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.