View Larger Image
Pull-Back Vehicles Baby and Toddler Toy
Wheel them back to get new skills speeding ahead! The "rev up" mechanism inside each of these four cars and trucks makes it easy for babies and toddlers to get big acceleration with just a little input: Pull back one of the soft vehicles--then release to see it zoom off across the floor! The action of grasping and pulling back is great for fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination; the activity of "driving" and collecting (pull, release, crawl) benefits large muscle groups and coordination, too. Get even more "miles per gallon" with a variety of colors, shapes and sizes, illustrated characters, and everyday themes to inspire conversations, cognitive connections, and imaginative play! These soft fabric vehicles are bound to be popular at playtime, but with four exciting vehicles there are enough to share. And parents and caregivers will be grateful for the removable wipe-clean wheelie insert and washable fabric surface!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 9M+: Place a vehicle on the floor, facing baby but slightly out of reach, and encourage baby to reach and grasp to pull it near.
- 9M+: Place a vehicle in front of baby and slightly to one side, and encourage baby to roll the vehicle from one hand to the other.
- 9M+: Identify the different vehicles: taxi, police car, fire truck, school bus. Help baby to pat each vehicle as you say its name.
- 12M+: Place two vehicles on the floor and help the child bump them together.
- 12M+: Help the child identify the different colors on the vehicles. Say a color name aloud and guide the child's finger to point to a vehicle with that color.
- 12M+: Line up the vehicles in a row and count them aloud. Ask the child to pat them along with you as you count.
- 18M+: Sitting a few feet away from a wall, encourage the child to roll back a vehicle and let it go to try to reach the wall.
- 18M+: Count different parts of a vehicle, such as all the wheels or tags. Ask the child to point and count along with you.
- 18M+: Use the vehicles to tell a story, describing the people and animals inside and drawing inspiration from other details, such as the fire hose, stop sign, and passengers.
Do not leave in crib unattended
Dimensions: 8.75" x 11.75" x 4.75" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.