View Larger Image
Turtle Parade Learning Toy
These three colorful animals hitch a ride on each other's tails or stack to make a turtle tower. Better still: The big turtle is set in motion with a twist of the easy-to-grasp, easy-to-turn knob--tugging his turtle companions along with him! Not only will young children be developing motor skills as they stack, link, turn, then crawl to follow the turtle parade--they'll also be honing visual acuity, sensory awareness, and concepts of cause-and-effect. Children are captivated as the stacked or linked turtle toys spin as the oversize flower knob winds down and the big turtle nods his head up and down!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 9 MONTHS AND UP: Link the turtles and count them aloud. Guide the child's hand to point to each turtle with you as you count it.
- Wind the flower knob and send the turtles rolling. Encourage the child to follow.
- Talk to the child about different parts of the turtle, such as its head, shell, and tail. Guide the child's hand to point to each part as you name it.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to the piece of that color.
- Encourage the child to stack the turtles.
- With the turtles stacked, encourage the child to grasp and turn the top turtles. Cheer when the turtles roll as a result!
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Count the turtles aloud, pointing to the numerals on the shells as you go. Then point to the illustrated groups of three on the shells as you count them aloud.
- Name a color, shape, or size, and ask the child to point to the piece that matches your description.
- Narrate a story starring turtles, and ask the child to help you fill in the details. Let the turtles represent real members of your family, based on their relative size or the colors they are "wearing."
Dimensions: 5.25" x 11.25" x 5.5" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.