View Larger Image
Twisting Inchworm Rattle Baby Toy
Babies love to twist and shake this exciting rattle! Packed with multisensory features, the cheerful inchworm has plenty for little ones to see, hear, and explore: touch the ridged antenna; watch the balls roll in the clear tail; feel the rubbery bumps; grasp the knobbed rings; point to bright colors, chubby cheeks, and more! The segments rotate to make a circle or a wiggly worm, click-click-clicking as the go, and allowing lots of satisfying feedback for baby's efforts as motor skills grow. Twisting Inchworm Rattle is durably crafted of high-quality plastic that's easy to clean, baby-safe, and made to last!
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS and UP: Ask the child to pat the inchworm.
- Name various features on the inchworm's body (head, tail, antennae). Guide the child's hand to pat each part as you say its name.
- Shake the rattle. Then ask the child to shake it to make it rattle.
- 9 MONTHS and UP: Help the child grasp the toy with one hand at the head and one hand at the tail. Encourage the child to twist the segments back and forth so they click.
- Describe the texture of different segments, helping the child touch the different parts.
- Place the toy slightly out of reach. Encourage the child to reach and grasp to pull it near.
- 12 MONTHS and UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and guide the child to point to the segment of that color.
- Narrate a story starring the inchworm. Ask the child to fill in details by asking simple questions, such as "Does the inchworm go fast or slow?"
- Count the different parts of the toy, such as three purple rings or two antennae. Invite the child to count along with you.
Dimensions: 7" x 9.5" x 3.5" Packaged
Please share your thoughts about this toy with your Facebook friends in the Comment box below.