Animal Picture Boards
Item # 9890
There are countless stories to tell with these fun and finely-crafted wooden Animal Picture Boards! Match the adorable chunky wooden animal pieces to the illustrated wooden picture boards, or play with the animal pieces on their own! The eight double-sided boards have farm, safari, ocean, and woodland scenes with wells cut out to fit one of the 16 wooden animals. The chunky pieces are easy for small hands to grasp and irresistibly fun to sort, stack, and play with!
- Chunky wooden animal pieces fit into double-sided, illustrated wooden picture boards
- Boards have farm, safari, ocean, and woodland scenes with cut-out for a matching animal
- 16 wooden animals fit into boards and also stand up for pretend play
- Animals include cow, pig, sheep horse, giraffe, lion, elephant, zebra, shark, turtle, octopus, dolphin, fox, bear, Raccoon, and deer
- Encourages fine motor skill development and helps teach language and problem-solving skills
- Product: 11" x 13.25" x 1.25" Packaged 2.7 lbs
- Package: 13.1" H x 11.1" W x 1.4" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
ONE OF THESE THINGS . . . Lay out four picture boards: three with farm scenes and one with a safari scene. Challenge kids to find the board that's "not like the others" and flip it over! When the boards all match, have them find the correct chunky animal pieces to fill up the farm.
WHICH WAY DO WE GO? Have kids line up all the animals that face right in one line, and those that face left in another line, then count the animals in each line: Which has more? Encourage kids to imagine where the two lines of animals are headed.
ANIMAL ANTICS: How many animals can kids stack on top of each other before the tower tumbles? Have kids explore different ways of stacking to discover the best way to balance the pieces.
SILLY SONGS: Have kids choose an animal and make its noise. Then, have them "sing" one of their favorite songs using that animal's voice!
IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN: Poor Sea Turtle is feeling lonely because she's the only green animal. Brown Bear decides to cheer her up by helping her discover ways she's similar to the other animals. Have kids help Sea Turtle and Brown Bear find other animals that have four legs, or like to swim, or have spots, or are quiet like Sea Turtle!
BEDTIME: The sun is going down and it's time to put the animals to bed. Set a timer and challenge kids to fit all the picture boards and the animals in the storage tray as quickly and neatly as they can!