The Family Kitchen: These playful pumpkin recipes are brought to you by Melissa & Doug, written by our Blog Ambassador Zina Harrington. Click here to see more posts from this series.
When the leaves start to change, so do my taste buds. Suddenly, everything pumpkin sounds delicious. While I adore pumpkin desserts, there are many other creative ways to play with pumpkin recipes in your kitchen.
Here is a mix of playful pumpkin recipes for families:
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili: Get the kids excited by serving this dish IN small pumpkins. See instructions.
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread: My girls love any bread with a bit of swirl in it!
- Pumpkin Risotto: A light and tasty (kid-tested) recipe for cool fall evenings.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: One word… YUM.
- Pumpkin Pancakes: Make breakfast fun this weekend with this unique recipe.
- Pumpkin Pasta with Bacon & Thyme: This savory casserole is a quick dinner fix.
- Pumpkin Soup: Add a little of this, a little of that… This recipe is a perfect way to experiment with the kids.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread: Another fall favorite!
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: Save those seeds when carving pumpkins. This classic olive oil recipe is my favorite.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: Here’s a delicious autumn treat for Mom and Dad.
Bonus Recipe: Frosted Pumpkin Bars that my family simply devoured…
Are you ready to GET COOKING? Share your favorite autumn comfort food in the comments below!
PS: Inspire your little chef with these awesome play food sets from Melissa & Doug.
* * *
Like this post? Pin it!