See the spots and stripes and wonderfully varied wooden bead shapes come to life as fun and colorful characters: Bead Buddies! Imagine all the different characters you could create…
The simple steps
– Use matchboxes or any small cardboard boxes to make the bodies. Using child-safe scissors, cut the boxes down, if necessary, to create the right box/body size.
– Stuff each box with a little newspaper before gluing down the lids, with fast drying non toxic glue, to give the bodies some solidity.
– Cover the boxes in white poster paint first to block out any printed graphics on the boxes.
– When dry, use your choice of poster paint colors to make the bodies deliciously bright and colorful. I mixed blue and white to get the lighter blue and for the orange I mixed red and yellow. Use one of two coats to achieve the best smooth and even color.
– Now you’re ready to start gluing the beads together, different shapes for the arms, hands, legs, feet, nose, ears. Using a fast acting glue will mean you can assemble your colorful bead buddies as quickly as possible.