Spring is in the air – or at least we hope spring is in the air where you are! It’s that time of year when colorful flowers, leafy plants and furry little creatures start peeking out toward the sun. We’re joining in the excitement by sharing a new and very special printable with you: a printable origami bunny.
It can also encourage the development of important skills:
- focusing attention and concentration
- early sequencing skills (following step-by-step instructions)
- fine motor skills
- hand/eye coordination
- spatial understanding of 2 and 3 dimensions
Simple ways to add some creative flair to your printable origami bunny:
- Before cutting out the square, color your bunny with crayons or markers.
- Print the origami bunny page out on different colors of paper, for variety.
- Print the page at larger and smaller sizes, to make different size bunnies.
What kinds of things can you make using origami kits and techniques?
- special decorations
- party invitations
- lunchbox notes
- ornaments for special occasions
- keepsake gifts
- your own creative designs!
What are some of your favorite craft projects? Share yours with us on Instagram using the hashtags #TakeBackChildhood, #CountlessWaysToPlay and #MelissaAndDoug!