Construction Building Set in a Box
Item # 5151
Timeless Toys. Endless Possibilities.
With 48 wooden pieces (including nuts, bolts, drilled bars to connect, and a child-size screwdriver), this classic building set gives kids all they need to tinker and build! Printed right on the sturdy storage box are building plans for a crane, motorcycle, airplane, and race car to get the fun started. With some imagination and a few creative twists and turns, kids can make hundreds more amazing structures, too! Any time kids play with this durable set, they'll be building fine motor skills, problem-solving skills, and hand-eye coordination. Included extension activities guide parents to educational activities that also build early math skills.
- 48-piece wooden building set
- Includes 12 bolts, 8 nuts, 16 building boards, 6 blocks, screwdriver, and storage box.
- Storage box is predrilled so it can become part of a structure too!
- Illustrated building guides show how to create a crane, motorcycle, airplane, and race car.
- Promotes counting, sorting, and fine motor skills; encourages problem solving and constructive play.
- Product: 10" x 14.5" x 2" Packaged 2 lbs
- Package: 11.75" H x 9.85" W x 1.55" L
Have kids sort the pieces by color, shape, or size. Then count and compare the groups. Which has the most pieces? Which has the fewest?
Connect a few of the pieces (such as a bolt, block, and nut) and have kids copy your creation.
Use the pieces to construct and identify different letters of the alphabet.
Build two simple structures that are nearly identical. Have kids find the differences. Help them to "fix" one of the two so they are exactly the same.
Build a more complex construction and challenge kids to take it apart as quickly as possible.
Ask the child to attach as many pieces as possible to the sides of the box. Add to the challenge by establishing specific rules, such as "No yellow pieces on this side."
Help the child to create unique machines. Encourage imagination by asking the child to solve a creative challenge ("How will we cross this rocky stream?") or make the wackiest robot possible!