My Own Mailbox Classic Toy
Item # 4089
Save 15% on our Pretend Play
Everyone likes getting letters! Sending and receiving "mail" is even more fun with this toy mailbox, complete with a bright red flag. The sturdy wooden box comes with letter and number stickers so kids can decorate it with their name, address or a special message. The hinged door opens to make room for two postcards and a ruled letter and envelope, all reusable with the wipe-clean crayons that come with the set. Need even more inspiration? Drawing activities and play ideas are included to keep this letter box filled with creative correspondence and lots of fun! Melissa & Doug Classic Toys bring timeless play to modern families! Each toy is designed to fuel an endless world of imaginative play, while encouraging the kind of play-based exploration that naturally promotes key developmental skills. The sturdy wooden play pieces are tested to today's highest standards of quality and safety.
- Wooden mailbox with working door and flag
- Set includes two reusable write-and-draw postcards, reusable ruled letter with envelope, letter and number stickers, three wipe-clean crayons and pencil.
- Activity ideas included to inspire learning and fun
- Durable wooden construction
- Helps teach color recognition and pre-literacy skills; encourages fine motor skills and imaginative play.
- Product: 7.87" x 7" x 4" Assembled 1.6 lbs
- Package: 11.05" H x 8.65" W x 3.95" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
Ask the child to write his/her name (or first initial) on a postcard and "mail" it.
Write a word on a postcard and ask the child to use a crayon to copy the letters onto another postcard.
Ask the child to play "mail carrier" by distributing the letter and postcards to people in the family, then collecting them again. The "recipients" may use the crayons to add a message or delivery instructions for the mail carrier.