Pattern Blocks and Boards Classic Toy
Item # 29
Pattern Blocks and Boards let kids explore shapes and colors hands-on as they fill wooden backgrounds with sturdy wooden pieces! Follow one of 10 design templates or create your own mosaic using 120 colorful wooden tiles in six different shapes. Matching and mosaics--what a gorgeous way for kids three and older to develop fine motor skills!
- Set of wooden shape blocks and colorful patterns to complete
- Includes 120 shapes and 5 boards
- Boards are double-sided for even more play
- A classic math manipulative and learning activity
- Great for spatial awareness, color recognition, hand-eye coordination, and problem solving
- WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
PATTERN POWER Create a linear pattern using four blocks. Have kids replicate the pattern. Increase the difficulty by adding more blocks.
RAINBOW REVIEW Have kids sort the pattern blocks by color. Ask them to count the number of pieces of each color. Review the names of each geometric shape with kids (green = triangle; yellow = hexagon; red = trapezoid; orange = square; blue = large rhombus/diamond; white = small rhombus/diamond).
SHAPE SHIFT Have kids combine two or more blocks to make another shape. For example: two triangles make one rhombus. Stacking the blocks on top of each other may help kids better visualize the equivalency.
7 WAYS Have kids find seven different ways to replicate the hexagon. 1) two trapezoids 2) six triangles 3) three rhombuses/diamonds 4) one trapezoid, one triangle, and a rhombus/diamond 5) one trapezoid and three triangles 6) four triangles and one rhombus/diamond 7) two rhombuses/diamonds and two triangles
- Product: 1.7" x 8.5" x 13.1" 2.2 lbs
- Package: 13" H x 8.75" W x 1.5" L