Rotisserie & Grill Barbecue Set
Item # 9269
Grill it, slice it, and turn it! Cook up a fantastic feast with this deluxe wooden barbecue play set! The 24-piece set includes specialty grilling favorites like a whole rotisserie chicken that spins on a skewer, a whole fish, sausage, shrimp, and even vegetables for grilling kabobs. Use the kid-friendly wooden basting brush, spatula, tongs, and knife to prepare, flip, grab, and cut the food. This grill is easy to "fire up" with its ignition switch; adjust the temperature with the movable knobs on the barbecue, and turn the rotisserie so the food grills to perfection! The chicken, fish, and sausage pieces are held together with self-stick tabs; use the knife to slice them apart. After mealtime, use the grill as a handy storage place for all the items! The Wooden Rotisserie & Grill Barbecue Set encourages hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creative expression, and imaginative play.
- Deluxe wooden barbecue grill and rotisserie set
- 24-piece set includes wooden food items, BBQ sauce, utensils, and a rotating skewer, all of which store neatly in barbecue
- Easy-to-grip spatula, tongs, knife, and basting brush are safe and kid-friendly
- Fish, sausage, and chicken pieces are held together with self-stick tabs and can be cut apart with the knife
- Encourages hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creative expression, and imaginative play
- Product: 15" x 11" x 8.25" Packaged 6.3 lbs
- Package: 14" H x 10.5" W x 6.5" L 6.6 lbs
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
SORT & COUNT: Help kids identify each food item and place it into a category (for example: meat, vegetables, condiment). Ask them to line up all the food pieces. Count the number of pieces together and repeat until kids are able to count them independently.
YUMMY IN THE TUMMY: Encourage kids to say which of these foods are their favorites, and why. Ask if they know which is your favorite!
KOOKY CREATIONS: Ask kids to invent a new wacky food by sticking pieces from the chicken, fish, and sausage together! Have them come up with a name for their creation (Flying Fish? Sau-chick-ish?)
PIECES & PARTS: Ask kids to use the knife to slice the sausage or fish into pieces. Ask them to stick the pieces back together one by one; this is a great way to introduce the concept of fractions (1/3, 2/3) and whole numbers (1). Repeat the activity with the chicken (1/5, 2/5, etc.).
ORDER UP! Use the menu card to order a kabob. For an extra challenge, ask kids to make the kabob with the pieces in a specific order--use a pencil to write numbers in the boxes indicating which piece should go first, second, third, etc. Erase to order again!