Shape Sequence Sorting Set
Item # 582
Recognizing color, shape and size, and sorting objects into groups are the "building blocks" of beginning math skills. What better way to explore these important concepts than with boldly colored wooden blocks and frame! Extension activities are included to explore form, fun and function all in one toy!
- 18 wooden blocks in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes
- Durable wooden frame invites shape-fitting trial and error.
- Promotes color and shape recognition and problem-solving skills.
- Helps children differentiate between sizes and shapes.
- Extension activities are included to encourage exploration, learning and fun!
Tallest to Smallest: Remove all blocks from the sequence board and sort them into six groups, as in Sorting Activities. Ask the child to choose the tallest blocks from each group and line them up in matching spaces at one end of the sequence board. When this is completed, ask the child to place the medium blocks in the remaining matching spaces on the sequence board. With all of the blocks in position, ask the child to point to the tallest row of blocks, the medium row of blocks and the smallest row of blocks.
Add and Subtract: Place one or two blocks in the sequence board and position the sequence board in front of the child. Add one block at a time while guiding the child through addition problems. For example, you might say, "If we have one block and we add one block, how many blocks do we have in all? One plus one is two! What if we add one more block?" Point to each block, counting aloud. Encourage addition skills by continuing to add blocks.
- Product: 8.25" x 8.25" x 3.25" 2.2 lbs
- Package: 8.2" H x 8.2" W x 3.2" L