Wooden Press & Serve Waffle Set
Item # 9346
Little chefs in training will love fixing breakfast with this wooden waffle set! Just close the waffle iron and turn the dial, then top the waffle with butter, syrup, chocolate chips, and strawberries. Serve it all up on the thick paper placemat printed with a festive gingham pattern. This engaging set promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creative expression, and imaginative play. Placemat, food items, and waffle iron store neatly in a decorated sturdy corrugated box.
- Includes wooden waffle iron and knife, sliceable waffle, 8 toppings, 4 portions of syrup, and sliceable butter
- Food items and utensils feature sturdy wooden construction
- Working dial on waffle iron turns for realistic play
- Helps teach shape recognition, sequencing, and beginning math skills; Promotes fine motor skills and creative expression
- All items store neatly in decorated sturdy corrugated box
Lay the topping pieces in a row and ask the child to count them with you.
Ask the child to sort the topping pieces (strawberries, chocolate chips, and butter) into two groups: circles and squares.
Ask the child to sort the toppings into groups, with one type of ingredient in each group. Ask the child to count the individual groups, then count all the pieces together.
Place a selection of toppings on the play surface, with a different quantity of each type (one strawberry, two pats of butter, etc.). Ask the child to identify the biggest group and the smallest group. Then help the child put the groups in order from biggest to smallest.
Connect the butter pieces into a single "stick." Ask the child to cut the stick into four equal pieces. Reconnect the pieces. Then challenge the child to cut the stick into two equal halves.
Hide one of the pieces or segments inside the waffle iron. Ask the child to look at the remaining pieces and figure out what is hidden inside the waffle iron without opening it.
Ask the child to make a special waffle, asking for specific toppings in a specific order. Make your request aloud for younger children; for older children, write it on a slip of paper so the "chef" can read your order--just like in a real restaurant!
- Product: 10.5" x 13.5" x 3" Packaged 2.3 lbs
- Package: 13" H x 10.5" W x 3.2" L