Bread & Butter Toast Set
Item # 9344
Enjoy 15% off sitewide
use code: WINTER15
It's time for toast! Lightly toasted or well done, one pat of butter or two--young chefs in training can prepare one or two pieces of playtime toast to order with this wooden Bread & Butter Toaster Set. Place the wooden slices of bread in the slotted toaster, turn the dial to set the darkness level, and push the down the handle to toast! A wooden dish holds four pats of butter held together with self-stick tabs; cut them apart with the child-friendly knife and add a little or a lot of butter to the pieces of toast. A reusable activity card makes it easy to place and take special orders! The set promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and imaginative play, and encourages beginning math skills.
- Includes wooden toaster, 2 slices of bread, 4-pat stick of butter, butter dish, knife, reusable activity card
- Working dial turns to choose darkness level and lever lowers and pops up toast
- Use the wooden knife to slice the stick of butter
- Take special orders on the reusable activity card
- Promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and imaginative play; encourages beginning math skills
- Product: 10.2" x 5.5" x 5.5" Packaged 1.2 lbs
- Package: 10.5" H x 6.5" W x 5" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
Help the child count how many circles there are around the toaster dial. Ask him or her to guess where to set the dial to make the toast "lighter" (smaller circles) or "darker" (larger circles). Help him or her count where the middle of the dial would be (fourth circle).
Connect the butter pieces into a single "stick." Ask the child to cut the stick into two pieces, then reconnect them into four pieces. This is a great way to discuss the definnition of fractions, and the concepts of whole, half, and quarter!
Ask the child to stick together as many pieces of bread and butter as he or she can. What is the greatest number he or she can stick together at a time? (Four: two pieces of bread and two pats of butter.)
Challenge the child to balance a single piece of bread in the butter dish. Can he or she make the bread stand upright, on its side, and upside down?