Felt Play Food - Pizza Set
Item # 3974
Make a 10-inch felt pizza to please any palate with this 42-piece create-a-pizza set. Your little chef can choose from an array of colorful toppings, and even customize each slice. Then slide the pizza into the box--time to deliver!
- Cook up some fun with 4 soft slices of play food pizza to customize with felt toppings
- Includes durable pizza pan and cardboard pizza delivery box
- 40 felt food pieces including a wide variety of toppings
- Promotes imaginative play and creativity
- 3+ years
- Product: 11" x 11" x 1.75" Packaged 1.1 lbs
- Package: 11.25" H x 11.25" W x 1.1" L
Place all the felt food pieces in a row. With the child, count the number of pieces. Repeat until the child is able to count them independently.
Ask the child to sort the toppings into groups by shape and category. Have the child identify each type of food and count how many there are in each group. Count how many toppings there are all together.
Play a matching game by creating a slice of pizza with a variety of toppings and ask the child to match your slice.
Put all four slices of pizza on the pizza pan to introduce the word "whole." Demonstrate "half" the pizza by removing two slices and putting them on the table. Remove one or three slices to show one quarter or three quarters.
Ask the child to make a sauce-and-cheese pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. If the child is familiar with fractions, you might ask for half with one topping and half with another. Place more orders, with increasing numbers of ingredients.