Flip & Serve Pancake Set - Wooden Play Food
Item # 9342
Who's ready for breakfast? With this wooden play food set, a young chef can prepare two golden-brown pancakes with all the fixings on a cooktop surface printed on the back of the corrugated storage box! Ingredients include chocolate chips, blueberries, bananas, and pats of butter. Cook them up on the wooden skillet and use the utensils to flip and slice. Self stick tabs on the food pieces make a satisfying crunch when sliced and also help the toppings stay on the pancakes! Serve up the pancakes on the printed thick paper placemat with a festive gingham design for hours of pretend-play fun.
- Set includes 2 pancakes, 9 topping disks, 4 pats of butter, skillet, knife, spatula, and printed paper place setting
- Play cooktop surface printed on the back of sturdy corrugated storage box
- Helps teach basic shape recognition, sequencing, and beginning math skills
- Promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, creative expression, and imaginative play
- Food items and utensils feature sturdy wooden construction
Lay the circular topping pieces in a row and ask kids to count them with you.
Have kids sort the topping pieces (chocolate chips, blueberries, bananas, and butter) into two groups: circles and squares.
Place a selection of toppings on the play surface, with a different quantity of each type (1 banana piece, 2 blueberry pieces, etc.). Have kids identify the biggest group and the smallest group. Then have them put the groups in order from biggest to smallest.
Connect the butter pieces into a single "stick." Have kids cut the stick into four equal pieces. Reconnect the pieces. Then challenge kids to cut the stick into two equal halves.
Use topping pieces to begin a pattern. (For instance, banana, blueberry, butter, banana, blueberry.) Have kids add the piece that will complete the pattern.
Place an order for one or two pancakes with specific toppings. Make your request aloud for younger kids; for older kids, write it on a slip of paper so the "chef" can read your order - just like in a real restaurant!
Have kids sort the toppings into three groups, with one type of ingredient in each group. Have kids count the individual groups, then count all the pieces together.
- Product: 10" x 13" x 2" Packaged 1.7 lbs
- Package: 13.2" H x 10.7" W x 3.2" L