Giddy-Up & Play Activity Toy
Item # 9222
Timeless Toys. Endless Possibilities.
Giddy Up & Play invites babies to pat, pull, and even climb right on! This precious pony has rattles, textured tabs, crinkle fabric, and fringe to capture babies' attention, and plays trotting and neighing sounds when kids squeeze its ear. It's huggably soft and packed with whimsical details to engage the senses and nurture growing skills. A non-slip bottom prevents slipping and sliding. Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
- Cuddly companion full of textures, sound, and skill-building activities
- Squeeze the ear to hear neighing and galloping sounds
- Supports fine motor strength and grasp; promotes dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Part of Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys and books for babies and toddlers
- Rattling reins are easy to grasp, shake, and pull; shatterproof mirror engages baby's interest in faces and light
- Spot clean with a damp cloth
- AAA batteries not included.
- Adult supervision required.
- Do not leave in crib unattached
- Do not leave in crib unattended
- Product: " x " x " Assembled 4 lbs
- Package: 19.5" H x 16" W x 9.5" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
9M+: Place a close-up photo of a parent or caregiver in the photo frame on the hoof. Cover the photo with the crinkly flap and then reveal the photo, saying, "Peekaboo!"
9M+: Challenge baby to pat different parts of the toy that you point to and name, such as the star, tail, and saddle.
9M+: Show baby his or her reflection in the mirror. As baby begins to recognize the reflection as his or her own, encourage facial expressions such as opening the mouth or blowing raspberries.
12M+: Help the child identify the colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to that color.
12M+: Point to the mane and help the child pat it to hear the crinkly noise. Squeeze the ear to hear the galloping noise.
12M+: Challenge the child to open the zipper pocket. Place an object (such as a picture or favorite teether) inside the pocket for the child to discover.
15M+: Help the child identify different groupings on the toy (flower petals, hooves, ears, tail pieces) as you count aloud together.
15M+: Challenge the child to sit on the saddle and pretend to ride. Have the child hold the reins or ears and make clicking or clucking noises as signals for the horse to go or stop.
15M+: With the child, tell a story about caring for the horse. Together, smooth the horse's mane and tail, put the apple teether to the horse's mouth for a snack, and give hugs at the end of a busy day on the farm!