My Magnetic Daily Calendar
Item # 9253
What is today? For a child, that simple question can have so many answers--and this daily calendar helps satisfy them all! Kids will feel a greater sense of control and responsibility when they help post the day of the week, date, weather, and special events on the large magnetic board for all to see. There's even a space to post their mood--an excellent way to open communication and encourage children to gauge their own emotions. Updating the information is simple: Simply take a preprinted magnet from the lower magnetic board (which hangs below the calendar to keep magnets within easy reach). Then place it on the calendar to fill in the information . . . or make a custom magnet by writing on one of two dry-erase magnet tiles! There are fields for day, date, season, weather, temperature, activities, holiday, and mood.
- Daily magnetic calendar to display day of the week, date, weather, and special events
- Includes a pair of fabric-hinged dry-erase boards (one with calendar template, one blank for magnet storage).
- Includes 80 magnets including years, months, numerals for dates, days of the week, holidays, special events, emotions, and a
- A sturdy cord is attached for hanging.
- Encourages communication and a reassuring expectation about the events in a child's life.
- WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- Product: 12" x 15.75" x 1" Packaged 3.1 lbs
- Package: 15.7" H x 11.8" W x 0.9" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
Help the child fill in the calendar details in the blue panel. Talk about the names for the day, date, months, and year as you identify the proper tiles and put each one in its place.
Ask the child to look, listen, and feel to make observations about the day's weather.
Ask the child to slide the arrow marker to record the temperature and place one or more tiles to describe the weather. Identify the season as well, talking about how the day's weather relates to it.
Talk about the different activities planned for the day or any special holidays, and help the child find one or more tiles for the activities area.
Look at the different emotions tiles and ask the child to identify the face that matches the way he or she is feeling today. Or offer the child a dry-erase marker to draw a face on the blank yellow circle to match his or her mood.
Use the blank rectangular tile to create your own holidays, activities, or weather descriptions using a dry-erase marker. Then wipe away the writing to use it again!