Slice & Bake Christmas Cookie Play Set
Item # 5158
Slice and pretend to bake a dozen wooden cookies, then decorate them for Christmas! This colorful play-food set includes a tube of 12 sliceable cookies with 12 decorative toppings, an oven mitt, wooden cookie sheet, knife and spatula, plus pretend baking directions to encourage unlimited imaginative play and learning. It's a festive way to reinforce basic skills, encourage creativity and celebrate the holidays!
- Includes a tube of 12 sliceable cookies with 12 decorative toppings, an oven mitt, wooden cookie sheet, knife, and spatula.
- Includes optional play ideas to guide educational and imaginative play.
- Cookies store in a durable dough tube.
- High-quality materials ensure durability and safety.
- A "sweet" introduction to pretend kitchen play
- Product: 13" x 10.5" x 3" Packaged 2.2 lbs
- Package: 13.5" H x 10.5" W x 3.1" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
Ask the child to sort the cookie toppings into four similar groups and identify the colors on each topping.
Ask the child to slice the cookie dough into 12 cookies, counting aloud. Now ask the child to place a cookie topping on each cookie, counting to 12 once again.
Ask the child to make cookies to order. For example, you might request a cookie with a snowflake decoration, or two cookies with sprinkles.
Hide one of the decorated cookies in a small gift box, and encourage the child to ask questions about the mystery cookie to guess which one it is.
Use the wooden cookies as templates to trace circles onto a piece of paper. Ask the child to decorate the new "cookies" with crayons, markers, stamps, or stickers. (You can also supply a pair of child-safe scissors to cut out the paper cookies, then add a name label to use them as gift tags.)
Offer the child a plate to fill with special cookies chosen especially for Santa. Ask the child to tell you the story of what might happen on Christmas Eve when Santa finds the cookies.