ABC Picture Boards
Item # 9786
ABC, tell me what you see! These adorably illustrated boards are a great way to work on letter and word recognition; a child simply picks a board--the first letter of his or her name is always a good place to start--then fills in the uppercase and lowercase letters and identifies the picture. He or she can turn it over or take another board and do it all again. With so many letters (each letter in the alphabet in both uppercase and lowercase), children can find infinite ways to play!
- Spelling toy with 13 double-sided boards and 52 colorful letters
- Includes both uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet
- Adorable illustrations include kid-favorite animals (dog, fish), places (igloo, moon), and objects (boat, watch)
- Sturdy wooden construction for years of play
- Encourages letter, word, and color recognition; promotes matching, memory, and fine motor skills
- WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Ask the child to sort all the letters by color. How many letters are there of each color? Which color has the most letters?
Ask the child to place all the uppercase letters in alphabetical order. Can he or she identify the color pattern? (Purple, red, blue, orange, green.)
Challenge the child to use the letters to spell out the word that appears on a board (for example: dog, cat, owl, or kite).
Place the letters "a" and "t" on a flat surface. Ask the child if there are words he or she can spell by placing a single letter in front of the "at" (for example: bat, cat, hat, mat, pat, or sat). Try other word endings, like "ad," "an," or "ame."
Place several boards in front of the child. Secretly pick one and give clues to help the child identify the board you chose. For example, you could say, "The letters are in blue. The picture shows something you usually see at might." (Moon.) As play progresses, provide more challenging clues!
- Product: 8.5" x 13" x 1.25" Packaged 2 lbs
- Package: 13.5" H x 9" W x 1.5" L