Your California Consumer Privacy Rights
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, HERE ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT/CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT:
Your Rights and Choices
The California Consumer Privacy Act/California Privacy Rights Act (collectively the “CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. In addition to our Privacy Statement, this webpage further describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that Melissa & Doug disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and, disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that Melissa & Doug delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech protect the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information about you. We will take into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information in responding to your request. We will process your request if we receive a verifiable request and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information as directed pursuant to the CCPA.
Your Right to Limit the Use of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right, at any time, to direct us to limit our use of your sensitive personal
information only to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected or to fulfil the reason that we collected such information and/or other permissible business purposes. However, please note that we do not collect your sensitive personal information.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (800) 718-5365
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Or click here to submit a request via our website: https://md-privacy.my.onetrust.com/webform/c7607388-c9ae-4024-9e37-0d4dee4dd5b5/ad3c1ee2-5c69-460c-a3fb-a7e1ee2eb5d2
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child, to the extent we maintain any such data.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. For all requests, if the information is not already included on the website form, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about. We will not require you to incur any costs or fees in order to process or provide a verifiable request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, if applicable, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of a verifiable consumer request within ten (10) business days and provide information about how we will process the request.
We will provide a response to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically, Comma-delimited CSV file format.
Personal Information Sales and/or Sharing Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights and Your Choices related to Cross-Context Behavioral Advertising
While California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information under CCPA, we do not sell personal information to any third parties, and therefore, we have not included a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on our Site. If our practices change, we will update this Privacy Statement and take any other necessary action to comply with applicable law.
However, we do share your Personal Information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising (i.e. targeted ads).
We share your Personal Information with third parties to provide more relevant, personalized ads to consumers. To opt-out of sharing of your Personal Information click on the following link: Submit Opt-Out Request.
A consumer or their representative may instead submit a request to opt out of sharing or selling by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that online opt-outs are device and browser-specific. You may still see personalized ads from us while using a different device or browser, unless you also opt-out using that device or browser.
Please note that some third party vendors do not respect the U.S. Privacy String, which is the mechanism we use to communicate your Request to Opt-Out to third parties that collect information via cookies on our website. If you choose, you may also use the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) WebChoices Tool to globally opt-out of third-party tracking via website cookies.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, the “Shine the Light” law, permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to: care@MelissaAndDoug.com.
We are committed to making sure that our Site is accessible to everyone. To access this Privacy Statement in an alternative form, please contact us by:
- Phone: If you use assistive technology and run into any difficulties while using our site, please give us a call at 1-800-718-5365 and we will do everything we can to make it right.
- Email: If you prefer email, write us at care@MelissaAndDoug.com.
- Help Center: And if you have any questions about shopping our site, please visit our FAQ.
For more information, please see our Accessibility Statement here.
Last modified: December 30, 2022