Match & Roll Shape Sorter
Item # 9041
This brightly colored wooden shape sorter is an exciting update on a classic toy! Toddlers can drop the dozen-plus vibrant wooden shapes--including a triangle, octagon, star, rectangle, square, trapezoid, hexagon--through the color-matched holes, then roll the drum along, open the lid, and start all over again. An early-learning powerhouse that encourages color and shape recognition, manual dexterity, and more!
- Brightly colored shape sorter
- Appealing new take on a classic early-learning toy
- Shapes include parallelogram, quatrefoil, square, rhombus/diamond, oval/ellipse, and pentagon
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Helps teach color and shape recognition; encourages sorting skills, problem solving, and manual dexterity
- Product: 6" x 6" x 6" 1.55 lbs
- Package: 5.85" H x 5.85" W x 5.85" L
Looking for information on a product not currently on our site? Visit our product information library.
Ask the child to build a tower with the blocks. Help him or her become familiar with the shapes and colors by identifying them as they are added to the tower. As play progresses, ask him or her to hand you a specific shape or color block.
Have a rolling contest; who can roll the shape sorter the farthest?
Encourage early counting skills by asking the child to count the shapes with you.
Time the child putting all the blocks into the shape sorter as fast as possible. Keep trying to improve his or her time!
Create a color pattern (for example: blue, orange, green) and ask the child to repeat it.
Place five shapes in a row and ask the child to studty them, then close his or her eyes. Remove one shape, then ask the child to look again and say which shape is missing.