Parents today have the hardest job in the world. From digital distractions to the economic and cultural barriers many families face, finding time for joy and meaning is more challenging than ever. But our new Living Playfully podcast is here to help!
Here’s a sample of what we will be covering . . .
- The latest research on play and child development
- Tips to encourage screen-free play
- Play-based approaches to addressing developmental concerns
- Easy ideas for enriching playtime
- Navigating the most challenging parenting concerns
- The healthiest ways to relieve stress
Check out our pilot episode, where we talk about the best, most meaningful gifts for kids this holiday, how to handle the overstimulation that comes with the season, and concrete ways we can disconnect from our devices and connect to each other.
Pediatrician Dr. Jenny Radesky and I plan to share stories and advice on building essential life skills through play, managing screen time, and finding ways to connect on a deeper level. In each episode, we will tackle your most pressing parenting questions and provide a supportive, personal conversation about life, kids, play, technology, and emotional wellness.
Have a question for Dr. Jenny and me? Send it to podcast@MelissaAndDoug.com.